Skanska is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used for the purpose it was collected for, in accordance with this privacy statement.
Skanska may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14.01.20.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- first name and last name
- contact information including email address and contact number
- your preferences and areas of interests in relation to the Mindenhurst Village Development
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping in compliance with the GDPR
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically contact you to provide you with information in line with your registered interests and preferences using the contact information you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You can always unsubscribe or change your preferences by contacting us. You can find more information on this in the next paragraph.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
- Writing to us at:HR Risk and Compliance TeamSkanska UK
1 Hercules Way
- mailing us at: email@example.com
- Using the unsubscribe link in the marketing promotion email
- Calling us on: 0330 105 2000 (option 4)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen. For example, promotional information about new home developers in Mindenhurst. Your data will be securely stored within our third-party database platform provided by Mailchimp. Mailchimp is a US company and as such could, from time to time, process your data outside the EEU. You can read more about how they comply with the EEU/UK requirements in terms of data protection here.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect, incomplete or you wish to have your name, contact information and preferences removed from our records, please contact us in one of the listed above ways as soon as possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to, and stored on, your computer, smartphone or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow us to tailor the website’s user experience to you (for example, by remembering previous preferences you have set).
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
This policy refers to ‘cookies’ throughout. However, it also includes these similar technologies. These include Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects, also known as LSOs. Read more about them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/privacy-concerns/.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. The cookie bot tool which pops up on our website will allow you to amend your cookie preferences.
THE FOLLOWING COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS WEBSITE
- Session cookie – This cookie is a ‘session cookie’ and tells us that you are actively using our site. This cookie allow us to know how many users are visiting the website, at any given time. Session cookies expire on exit, which means that they only last for your online session and they disappear from your computer, or device, when you close your browser
COOKIES SET DIRECTLY BY THIS SITE
- Cookie-agreed – Stores information if the user has accepted the T&C policy,
COOKIES SET BY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES INSTALLED ON THIS SITE
- _ga – Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports,
- _gat – Google Analytics cookie. It is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes,
- _gid – Google Analytics cookie. It is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 24 hours,
The Skanska website uses ‘analytics’ cookies to help us make the website better for those who visit it regularly. They help us work out what users like and don’t like, as well as ways we can improve the website and its content.
It is possible to opt out of having your anonymised browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies. Skanska uses Google Analytics and you can opt out of their cookies by clicking on the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on a website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how websites work. If you block cookies completely, many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all.
This is very important because any settings that you change in your browser will not just affect Skanska cookies, but will also apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites).
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- see the cookies that have been set and delete them on an individual basis
- block third party cookies
- block cookies from particular sites
- block all cookies from being set
- delete all cookies when you close your browser
If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website, or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
When our website provides links to other websites, please bear in mind that third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies that will govern the use of any information you submit. We recommend you read their policies, as Skanska is not responsible or liable for their privacy practices.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Skanska and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Skanska. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website running smoothly. However, Skanska takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Skanska UK Plc
Registered Office: Maple Cross House, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Herts. WD3 9SW.
Registered in England.
Registration Number: 784752.